Click the button above for video!
I made this with fresh strawberries and rhubarb. While it’s strawberry season this is a refreshing easy dessert to make. The creaminess of the no-bake cheesecake and the sweet and tart of the combination of strawberries and rhubarb is scrumptious. You may want to enjoy not just one but two parfaits. This is that good. I’m ready for strawberry season. I’m sad that it goes by so fast. Try this delicious summer treat while you can.
Strawberry Rhubarb No-Bake Cheesecake Parfait
- 4 cups Strawberries cut in half
- 3 Rhubarb stalks, sliced in pieces
- A little water
- ¼ cup Sugar,
- 1 tsp Lemon juice and zest
- 1 pkg of Graham Crackers, broken up in small pieces
- About 6-8 Shortbread cookies, broken up in small pieces
- ¼ cup melted butter, salted
- 2 8oz pkg Cream Cheese
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Whip Cream, bought or homemade, to garnish on top
- Mint, for garnish
- Slice up rhubarb. In a small saucepan add the rhubarb, water, sugar and lemon juice and zest. Cook until the rhubarb is soft but not mushy and the sauce has thickened. Remove and let cool. Add the sliced strawberries, reserving some for garnish.
- In a small bowl add the cream cheese, condense milk and vanilla. Mix together until fully incorporated and smooth, with a mixer or by hand. In another bowl, combine the broken up graham crackers and shortbread cookies. Add the melted butter and mix until all the pieces are ‘wet’.
- Now let’s layer the parfait. Add a little of the cookie mixture on the bottom, then the cream cheese mixture and then strawberries/rhubarb. Repeat. Dollop a little whip cream on top and add some of the fresh sliced or chopped strawberries on top. Garnish with a mint leaf if desired.
- Enjoy a little taste of summer.