I love these most with my Brisket and Green Beans.
Great with EVERYTHING!
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites beaten together
- ¼ cup finely chopped Chives or Parsley
- Canola Oil for frying
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Use a box grater or food processor and grate potatoes.
- Place grated potatoes in a bowl with cold water and about ½ tsp lemon juice to prevent browning until ready to prepare into pancakes.
- Grate or finely chop onion.
- Drain potatoes and onion in a strainer, lined with a cheesecloth, and squeeze as much water as you can from the potatoes and onion.
- In a bowl combine the potatoes, onion, egg whites, salt and pepper and chives or parsley and mix all together.
- Heat oil in a non-stick sauté pan. Use about 1 large or 2 tablespoonful each of potato mixture and drop in place in a pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook for about 3 minutes till brown. Using a spatula and spoon gently flip over to cook the other side. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain, if any, the oil left on potato pancakes. Lightly salt while still hot or grate some Parmesan cheese on potatoes. Keep warm. Add more oil when necessary and cook pancakes in batches til all the potato mixture is used up.