Click the button above for video!
I love making ‘a bowl’ for lunch or dinner. Especially when you have left over meat such as in as chicken, beef, pork, shredded beef or pork and even seafood. I had a small pork tenderloin that I cooked up and thought perfect for a pork bowl. And when you put it with broth and noodles then you have a good comfort meal. Any vegetables you desire will go well but I would suggest you don’t overload the bowl. Carrots offer a little crunch, earthy mushrooms, spinach and top it off with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. I hope you enjoy it.
Pork Noodle Bowl
- 1 ½ cups Mushrooms, chopped and dry saute
- 2 large Carrots, julienne cut
- 3-4 Hard Boil Eggs, soft jammy center (I tried)
- 1 bunch of Spinach
- Pork Loin Roast, cooked. Seasoned with garlic powder, salt/pepper, ginger powder, hot paprika dusted with flour. Sear pork and finish in the oven.
- ½ tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- Splash of Soy sauce
- Few Peppercorns
- 1-2 pkgs Ramen unseasoned noodles
- 6-8 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, garnish
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Either cook a pork loin roast, use leftover pork, shredded pork whatever your preference or have on hand. If sliced pork, slice in strips each slice.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the eggs. Cut off the stems off of spinach. Chop the mushrooms and with a little drizzle of oil cook the mushrooms until just brown. Cook the eggs. In a pot of water, add in 3-4 eggs and cook for 8 minutes. Set a timer. Immediately remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice and cold water.
- In another pot add the ramen noodles and broth and cook according to directions because you’re basically cooking the noodles in a broth. Just before the noodles are done, add in the ginger, garlic, dash of salt and pepper and a splash of soy sauce. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. In a large strainer, spoon the carrots in the broth for a few minutes to soften them up (unless you want them crunchy). Add more broth if necessary. Blanched the spinach, if desired, just quickly run under hot water to wilt the spinach, no need to thoroughly cook it.
- Now to prepare the bowls. In each bowl add some of the noodles and broth. On top of the noodle broth add the pork to one side, then the carrots, mushrooms and spinach. Place both halves of one egg in each hem. Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Enjoy ☺ gathering around the table