Click the button above for video!
I like cooking with white fish. It’s delicious and flavorful, it’s quick and easy to make and there are so many different ways to prepare it. This is a light dinner that’s good anytime. The richness of the cream tenderizes and keeps the fish moist and a little butter adds flavor. The lemon juice and zest adds a little tang that balances sauce nicely. Spinach adds a little texture and color and the pine nuts add a little crunch. I enjoy this simple and light dish with a nice glass of white wine.
Poached White Fish with Lemon Garlic & Spinach
- 4 Cod or other White Fish
- 2 cups heavy Cream
- Water if necessary
- 6 Garlic cloves, mashed or minced
- 1 small Lemon juice and zest
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbls Butter, melted
- 1 small bunch Spinach
- A few Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- ¼ cup Toasted Panko Breadcrumbs OR
- 3 Tbsp Toasted Pine Nuts
- In a large deep sauté pan, on medium heat melt the butter and then add the cream. Bring the cream to a low simmer and heat through. Add the garlic and lemon juice and zest and continue to cook until heated through.
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the fish. Add the fish to the cream sauce. If the cream mixture doesn’t come up to the top of the fish, add just a little water or more cream. Cook the fish for about 8 – 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until flaky. Add the spinach to the cream mixture and swirl until wilted.
- In another small sauté pan toast the nuts or panko crumbs. Sprinkle over the fish with the chives. Serve in shallow bowls. Goes well with rice or orzo and carrots or salad.
Enjoy … gathering around the table with family and friends