Click the button above for video!
I know I’ve said it before but any cookie to me is good anytime of the year. These oatmeal cookies are one of those cookies that just seem to taste, well, a little more comforting in the cooler colder months. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat these anytime of the year.
Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ½ cup Butter, room temp
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, slightly packed
- 2 Eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Molasses (a nice rich flavor)
- 1 ¾ cup Flour
- 2 ½ cups Old Fashioned Oats (not instant)
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp or dash Nutmeg,
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dark Baking Chocolate Bar, chopped
- ½ cup Walnuts, slighted toasted and chopped
- Flaked Sea Salt
- Preheat oven 350-375 degrees, depending on your oven
- In a bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Salt, Nutmeg and oats
- In a mixer, mix the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and mix until completely mixed together. Add in the eggs and vanilla and maple syrup or molasses and continue to mix until fluffy
- Add in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined and no dry parts. Fold in the chopped chocolate and walnuts until incorporated. Place cookie mixture in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet add about a large tablespoon of the dough (or larger if you’d like bigger cookies) on the pan, making sure not to crowd the cookies for they will spread a little. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until lightly turning brown around the edges, depending on your oven and how you like your cookies- soft or with a little crunch. If desired, once removed from the oven, tap the pan on the counter to flatten the cookies slightly. This step is not necessary though. If desired, add a little flaked salt to each cookie. Let cool.
- These cookies are perfect in the morning, for a snack or anytime with coffee, tea, or milk
Enjoy … gathering around the table with family and friends