I love salads because there are so many different ways and options you can create and make it your own. One important ingredient is the dressing and I try to keep it simple and drizzle it on lightly so as to not overpower the salad. Feel free to add other fresh ingredients to your liking or have less because that’s the freedom of salads, make it your own.
- 1 Romaine Lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 Large bunch baby Spinach, stems removed
- 4 big Leaves (or more) of Kale, torn from stem and roughly chopped
- 1 handful of Arugula Lettuce
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 small English Cucumber chopped or sliced
- 1 handful of Sugar Snow Peas (or frozen peas thawed)
- 1 handful of Green grapes, cut in half
- 1 Avocado sliced in chunks
- 1 bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- ½ cup Pistachios
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbls of white vinegar
- 2 Tbls white wine
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prepare salad by chopping or slicing all of the ingredients – lettuce, onions, cucumber, grapes, avocado, parsley and add to bowl. Add the peas, fresh thyme and pistachios to salad. Prepare and mix together the dressing and shake well. Drizzle over salad and lightly mix together. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to add or substitute ingredients to your preference. Top with homemade croutons.