Click the button above for video!
This dressing has been around for ages it seems. I remember my mom buying this dressing from the store for salads. But I wanted to make this simple and easy dressing. There are so many different varieties, even if ever so slightly, to this dressing so feel free to make it your own. The main ingredients are the herbs in my opinion. The original recipe is said to be created at the San Francisco’s Palace Hotel in 1923. This dressing is still a hit today. Here is my version of this wonderful classic dressing.
Green Goddess Dressing (or Dip)
- 1 cup Parsley
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup of herbs
- Chives, Dill, Tarragon and Basil
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice and a little zest
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, sliced or minced
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Olive oil or Canola oil to loosen up dressings if needed
For the four varieties above, directions are pretty much the same. Garnish the deviled eggs as you desire.
- In a food processor combine the spinach and herbs, lemon juice and vinegar, garlic and drizzle a little oil and pulse until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the mayo and sour cream and pulse until fully combined. Drizzle a little oil if needed to loosen up the dressing if too thick. Taste and add additional salt and pepper and any other ingredients if needed and pulse.
- Serve on your favorite salad or use as a dip for your favorite veggies. Or store in a tight lid container for about 5-7 days in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy … gathering around the table with family and friends