Click the button above for video!
I think I can say, ‘Who doesn’t like Green Beans’. It’s probably Chris’s favorite vegetable that he’ll eat often. I’m trying to come up with different ways to cook a very simple and easy vegetable to have with a variety of recipes. The saute browned lemons add a rustic intense lemon taste that adds a unique flavor to the beans and the mellow slightly mellow feta adds a creaminess that balances the flavors.
Green Beans with Lemon and Feta
- Fresh French or Regular Green Beans with ends cut off.
- 1 Tbsp or more of Olive Oil
- 2 small Lemons thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot minced
- 2-4 Tbsp Feta crumbles
- 2 Tbsp Chive and Parsley mixture, chopped
- Pepper and a dash of Salt
- In a saucepan add just a little more than covering the bottom of the pan with water. Cook the beans until just tender. Drain the beans and set aside.
- While the beans are cooking, in a sauté pan heat up the Olive oil on medium heat. Add the lemon halves and cook until charred. Remove the lemon halves and set aside.
- In the sauté pan add more oil if needed and place the green beans, shallots and feta and cook until warm. Squeeze the lemon over the bean mixture and sprinkle with the parsley chive mixture. Serve.
Enjoy ☺ gathering around the table