Click the button above for video!
I’ve been into making bowl dishes lately and I really like this one. The flakey fish goes really nice with the smooth flavorful curry and coconut sauce. Adding fresh vegetables enhances this rice bowl as well. This bowl is packed with delicious goodness. I know there are a lot of ingredients in the rice bowl and it all enhances the dish so well. Feel free to delete or add in other vegetables to your liking.
Fish in Curry Coconut Sauce with Vegetables Rice Bowl
- 2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs (if 4 bowls are being served)
- Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 3-4 White Fish, like cod, tilapia, halibut
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 3-4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1-1½ cups Spinach
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Coconut Milk, unsweetened or heavy cream
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Sesame Seeds
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Drain the chickpeas and thoroughly pat dry the peas. In a bowl add the chickpeas, salt, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp curry powder and ¼ tsp paprika and stir until the chickpeas are covered with the seasonings. In a shallow baking pan, lined with parchment paper, spread out the chickpeas. Roast the chickpeas until lightly brown.
- In a shallow dish, add the flour, salt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp paprika, ¼ tsp curry powder and ¼ tsp ginger powder.
- * Heat oil and 2 Tbsp butter in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Dredge each fish piece in the flour mixture, both sides and sauté until lightly brown. Reduce heat. Remove the fish and place on a plate.
- * In the same sauté pan, add in 3 Tbsp butter, 2 tsp soy sauce, ½ tsp sesame seed oil, chicken broth and coconut milk. Whisk until mixed together. Stir in the remaining spices –1 tsp minced garlic, ¼ tsp garlic powder, 1 ½ tsp curry powder, ½ tsp paprika, salt and pepper – and stir until thoroughly mixed. Place the fish back into the pan and heat through.
- * When the rice is done cooking, place the snow peas on top of the rice and replace the lid. Steam the snow peas for about a minute or two until just tender.
- * If not done already, prep the vegetables – shred the carrots, thinly slice the radishes and finely chop the green onions.
- * In individual serving bowls – add about ½ cup of rice, place the fish slightly on top of the rice, drizzle the sauce over the fish and a little of the rice. Add in the spinach, carrots, radishes, Snow peas, chickpeas and a hard boiled egg cut in half around the bowl. If you like, drizzle a little more sauce and/or soy sauce over all (except the eggs) and then garnish with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.