Click the button above for video!
I think I really like bananas. Why not? Bananas are so good in so many baked goods. And if you like chocolate, this will definitely meet your craving for chocolate. It’s rich, fudgy and the sweetness from the bananas and little hints from the melted chocolate chip make it even better. What a pairing – banana and chocolate.
Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- ¼ cup melted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil (or other favorite oil)
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. I usually use shortening and dust with flour (tap the pan to get rid of excess flour.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in the oil and butter and whisk together until combined. Add in the vanilla and sugars. Mix until incorporated. Add in the eggs and whisk or beat until fully mixed together.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir together until all mixed together.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a spatula, fold the ingredients until combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until incorporated. Make sure not to over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Using a spatula smooth out the batter. Gently tap the pan on the counter to get out any air bubbles
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean. Remove the loaf and let cool for about 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and place on a wire cooling rack to cool down completely.