Click the button above for video!
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- ½ large Onion, chopped
- 2 pounds of Cremini Mushrooms (4 – 8oz Mushrooms)
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 6 cups of Chicken Stock
- ½ cup of Cream cup Dry Sherry cooking wine or White Wine
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ¼ cup Parsley – chopped
- In a large stockpot, on medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of butter. Add onion and sauté until soft. Remove and place in a small bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp of butter, Mushrooms and garlic and sauté till mushrooms are golden browned. Then add salt and pepper
- Removed about ¼ – ½ cup of the mushroom and reserve till later
- Add the flour and mix in with the mushroom mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes until flour is slightly brown (helps to decrease that ‘flour’ taste). Slowly add in the Chicken Stock and bring to a low boil and then reduce. Add in the cream, Sherry or White Wine and thyme. Simmer till the soup mixture thickens, for about 25 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup mixture until smooth and creamy. Don’t worry if you see little bits of mushrooms. Cook for about another 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle each bowl with a little of the reserved mushrooms and chopped parsley.
- This is a wonderful compliment to a nice cut of beef and salad and crusty bread or by itself with a small salad or sandwich for a nice lunch.