Click the button above for video!
This recipe reminds me of a combination between Marry Me Chicken and Tuscan Chicken. This is a comforting dish in a nice creamy tangy tomato sauce. My version of this recipe reminds me of my trip to Italy with Chris and our first year of being married. I hope you try out my version of this delicious recipe as well.
Chicken in a Creamy Sundried Tomato Sauce
- 2-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, slightly pounded
- Flour for dusting chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Onion, diced
- 6 – 8 oz pkg Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, cut in stripes or chopped
- ¼ – ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 1 ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Tomato Paste
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Basil, chiffonade (rolled and thinly sliced – like ribbons)
- 1 cup Spinach
- Few Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ – ½ tsp Oregano
- Garnish with Parsley and Basil, chopped
- Prep the chicken. In a shallow dish add the flour and salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour.
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. On medium high heat, add the chicken and lightly brown on both sides and cook until done. Remove the chicken.
- In the same pan add the remaining butter and olive oil and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook until onions are slightly soft and mushrooms are browned. Add the sundried tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic and cook until garlic is aromatic, a few minutes. Add the cream and ¼ cup of the chicken broth and red pepper flakes. Cook until warm. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir and cook until slightly thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Add the spinach. Stir. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is warmed through.
- Garnish with parsley and basil. Serve with pasta and parmesan cheese.
Enjoy … gathering around the table with family and friends