Click the button above for video!
Who doesn’t like an easy dinner to make? Sheet pan dinners make it easy. So if you went to the farmer’s market or have peppers in your garden this is a flavorful and easy dinner to make. It has a little spice and the chicken stays tender. Pair it with broccolini or green salad and you have a quick and easy dinner to gather around the table with.
Chicken and Peppers Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3-4 Chicken Breast, cut up in big pieces or
- 4-6 Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- ½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- Few Red Pepper Flakes – depending on your desire heat level
- 3-4 Peppers (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green) cut in big slices
- 1 Onion, sliced in big slices
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 5oz Feta Cheese, either whole and cut up in big chunks or big crumbles
- Parsley and Cilantro or Chives, chopped for garnish
- Toasted Sesame Seeds for garnish
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice and zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle of Honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner
- In a small bowl add the paprika, garlic powder, cumin and ginger and red pepper flakes and mix together
- In a large bowl toss the big chicken pieces with ¼ cup of the cornstarch, salt and pepper and half of the seasoning mix. Rest the chicken. Cut up the peppers, onion and garlic. Place the peppers and onions on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. Then place the chicken pieces amongst the peppers and drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken. Roast or bake for about 25 minutes until the edges of the peppers have crisp up and the chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine the feta cheese, rest of the spices and cornstarch and red pepper flakes. In a saute pan, on medium to high heat drizzle a little olive oil. Add the feta cheese mixture and cook until the feta cheese has crisp up a little and is soft.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressings and mix together.
- Serve the chicken and peppers over quinoa, rice, cauliflower rice or other preferred accompaniment, sprinkle some of the feta cheese and drizzle some of the dressing over all and garnish with parsley, cilantro and chives. This goes well with a green salad too.