Click the button above for video!
This is a wonderful delicious variation to the classic rich tomato base ground beef lasagna. It’s made with a white sauce, lots of cheese and three different kinds of seafood. I chose salmon, shrimp and crabmeat. I think the three go well with each other. The hint of lemon and dill balanced out the rich creamy sauce.
Cheesy Seafood Lasagna
- 12 Lasagna Noodles
- 6 Tbls Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3 ½ – 4 cups of Milk
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Dash or two ground Nutmeg
- 1 15 oz Ricotta Cheese, full fat
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ small Lemon juiced and zested (about 1 tbl juice)
- 2 Tbl Dill, chopped
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- About a pound of Salmon, cooked and flaked with a fork
- About a pound of Shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 2 – 4.25 oz Cans Lump Crabmeat
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven 350
- In a bowl, add the flaked salmon, chopped shrimp and crabmeat, old bay seasoning, tablespoon of dill, lemon juice and ½ of the zest and a little of the minced garlic. Mix together. Set aside.
- In a dish that you can lay the noodles flat, cover the noodles with hot water and let sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a large pot, on medium heat add the butter and heat until melted. Add in the flour and whisk until well blended and the flour has cooked. Slowly add in about 3 cups of milk and continue to whisk and cook until the sauce has thickened. Add in the dash of nutmeg. Whisk in. Add more milk to bring the sauce to desired consistency (not too thick, the sauce will help to continue to cook the noodles).
- In a bowl, slowly mix together the ricotta cheese, remaining lemon zest, remaining dill, ¼ cup chopped parsley, salt and remaining minced garlic. Add in ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- In another bowl mix together the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Assemble the lasagna. In a 9×13 baking dish butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the white sauce to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Layer 3 of the noodles side by side and cut up the 4th noodle to fill in the gaps. Add 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Add 1/3 of the seafood mixture. Add 1/3 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese mixture. Repeat 2 more times ending with sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheese mixture.
- Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray so the cheese doesn’t stick to the foil. Cover the foil and bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes and remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly golden brown on top. Let cool and garnish with remaining parsley.
Enjoy … gathering around the table with family and friends