Click the button above for video!
The combo of banana and chocolate I think were made for each other. These are just absolute deliciousness. When I made these muffins I was making the cooking video and also filming for my show. That was kind of crazy to do both. The good information will be here in this recipe.
Ripe bananas are best to use because they have so much flavor and sweetness. When I can I use the combination of brown sugar and white sugar when it doesn’t affect the end results but enhances it in a different way. Why may you ask? I like the kind of rustic sweetness and moistness brown sugar gives. I used oil with butter in this recipe. Butter will give that extra boost of flavor and oil moistness. I think sour cream will balance out the sweet taste with a little tang and richness.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3-4 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup Oil, canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of Butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 – 4oz Chocolate, chopped
- Optional – chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer, cream the butter. Add in the sugars and mix until thoroughly combined. Next add in the oil, vanilla and bananas and mix. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix the batter.
- Fold in the chocolate and nuts (optional).
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, line with paper cups. Bake muffins for 15 – 18 minutes.